Apply to Shop
Welcome to Secret Shopper ®|
Thank you for taking the time to sign up with us. As an independent contractor with Sights on Service Inc., doing business as Secret Shopper® (hereinafter referred to as Secret Shopper®), you have the freedom to do as much work as you would like. All of our Shop Coordinators, Report Editors, and IT staff are in-house employees who pride themselves on their high levels of professionalism. We look forward to working with you to provide our clients with the highest quality market research (shop reports) available today.
If you have any questions before applying to become a shopper, we recommend you read our Frequently Asked Questions for applicants.
How our Process Works
We want you to have a successful and rewarding experience as a mystery shopper. Knowing what our company and our clients expect of you will greatly improve your success as a mystery shopper, enabling you to schedule multiple shops and earn more money. With this in mind, our process consists of four steps:
- Shopper Ethics and Conduct, Terms and Conditions, and Policies Agreement
You will need to read and agree to Secret Shopper's® Shopper Ethics and Conduct, Terms and Conditions, and Policies Agreement.
- Pay close attention to these documents. Information from the Shopper Ethics and Conduct, Terms and Conditions, and Policies Agreement will be found on the Basic Certification Test.
- Basic Certification Test
All shoppers are required to complete our Basic Certification Test.
- The purpose of this course is to ensure that you are well versed in the basic requirements of mystery shopping and to acquaint you with the policies and procedures of Secret Shopper® .
- For experienced shoppers just joining us, we appreciate your patience in taking the Basic Certification Test.
- Personal Information
After passing the Basic Certification Test, you will need to complete a form with information about yourself, such as your name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Providing correct information is crucial, as this is how payments will be generated and mailed to you.
- We are required by law to obtain each shopper's Social Security number or EIN (Employer Identification Number). Working for Secret Shopper® constitutes an independent contractor relationship; if you are compensated more than $600 in a calendar year, we are required to report that to the IRS. In that case, you would receive a 1099 from us in January stating the amount earned. It would be illegal for us to hire an independent contractor (regardless of the amount paid) without a valid SSN or EIN.
- All pages on our site that transmit personal information are encrypted, as evidenced by the lock icon at the top of your browser confirming the SSL connection.
- Shopper ID and Password
Once you have submitted your personal information form, your shopper profile will be updated to reflect your successful completion of the Basic Certification process. You will then be assigned a Shopper ID number and asked to create a password. With these, you will be able to schedule shops to perform.
Please save your Shopper ID and password in a safe place. You will need these each time you log on to our site.
We also strongly suggest that you add our domain name to your address book and safe list to ensure you receive our emails.
©2010 Sights on Service, Inc.; 620 Mendelssohn Ave N, Minneapolis MN 55427
Secret Shopper® is the registered trademark for mystery shopping services provided by Sights on Service, Inc.